John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

My Panasonic tv not connect to new modem wireless, ET5A

Customer Question

Hi my Panasonic tv not connect to new modem wireless
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?
Customer: ET5A series ,will connect with Ethernet,and old wirelss router not Telstra gateway max 2
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Problem since new router
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Cost
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

What is the complete model of the tv, please?
Can you give me the model of the new telstra gateway also?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi thought you would call on phone .0427726225 Australia mobile number. Panasonic ET5A series. Telstra gateway Max 2 router.Their latest and greatest modem .
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi I have already spent $34 aud answered the questions ,then been asked to pay another 37 dollars for a call ???
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

No, your initial fee is only for the chat. A call is a separate and additional fee (though optional).

The issue looks to be with the gateway specifically, which may be running a 5ghz wireless network that the tv is not capable of connecting to.

When you go into the tvs setup, under Network/Wireless, and Scan for networks, does it find any? Does it see the new telstra network(s) at all?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I will have to ask for a refund soon due to no service!!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The Panasonic tv picks up another wireless not mine, mine is Telstra 72137B. So does not recognise it.
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

My apologies for the delay. The site is not quite instant, but please try to send only a single response and allow me time to receive it and respond back; multiple messages can get lost in the queue and further delayed.

Since it is not seeing yours, that fits with what I mentioned before, your new router is only putting out a higher frequency signal that the panasonic is not able to utilize. You can try re-configuring your router to do both 2.4 and 5ghz networks, or you can can connect an external streaming device to the tv instead (such as a telstra tbox) which would actually give you access to far more apps than the tv has on its own anyway. Or, if the tv is close enough to the new router, you could plug it in with an ethernet cable directly between them and then no wifi is needed at all. Let me know if you need more info on any of these options.

Thanks,