Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I recently purchased a phone system that was refurbished I'm

Customer Question

I recently purchased a phone system that was refurbished I'm having trouble getting them hooked up it says base no power
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: I just got them they areKXTGEA20C
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: 2 days putting every phone in the cradle that has the answering machine then changing it to another cradle I've got one working but that's it
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I've had several Panasonic phones this is the first one I've had trouble with
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 6 months ago.

Hi and welcome to the site, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the Panasonic's base unit.

Expert:  Louie replied 6 months ago.

The KX-TGEA20C would be the handset.

Still, check if the base unit show signs of power. Determine if the AC wall adapter powers on and/or if the base unit AC wall adapter is warm.

Better yet, check for the presence and consistency of DC voltage output of the base unit's wall adapter.