Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a model #KDL-48W600B, 10/2015. Unpluggeg for 5

Customer Question

I have a model #KDL-48W600B, 10/2015. Unpluggeg for 5 months. Now only , few aps come on screen vs. many last time I used it. I have Wi-Fi and still maintain a subscription to Netflex , but without an ap I can't get it on. Please help .l
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Aric replied 18 days ago.

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. If you're actually missing Apps that were there before, then please consider trying a factory reset and let me know what happens.

First, unplug the TV from power then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote) for 10 full seconds and release.

Wait a minute then plug the set back in and turn it on.

Check for the Netflix App. If it is still not there, then using the original Sony remote try the following steps:

Press the HOME button, then select [Settings].
2. Select [Preferences] → [Initial Setup].
3. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the initial setup that
appeared when you first connected the TV.

Expert:  Aric replied 18 days ago.

Then once those steps are performed, Press the SEN/APPS button or select [Apps] from the Home Menu to open the Apps category, which serves as a gateway to Internet content. From this screen, you can access various services and applications. The items on the Apps category differ depending on your region/country, and are subject to change.

Expert:  Aric replied 18 days ago.

If the Netflix app still does not appear in the SEN/APPS section, then try a software update on the TV:

1. Press the HOME button, then select [Help]. 2. Select [Customer Support] → [Software Update]. A confirmation message about starting an update appears. If no software has been downloaded, the TV will start searching for an update via the Internet (if connected). To return to the last viewed source, press the HOME button twice.

Expert:  Aric replied 18 days ago.

Let me know how you make out please.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen (scroll up the page to get to the STARS). That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 18 days ago.

Please view my reply for the answer to your question if you would like a solution.