Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Have small Kindle Fire which is no longer working when touch

Customer Question

Have small Kindle Fire which is no longer working when touch it to play games or whatever. Have to pound it hard and it has a yellow line around it
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Just original question
Expert:  Aric replied 23 days ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).
If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

If the device still does not work beyond that, then please reply back with the Model of the Kindle and also the AGE of the unit- and we can proceed.
If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen (scroll up the page to get to the STARS). That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 23 days ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help? The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating by scrolling to the top of the page)? Thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Aric tried everything you said to no avail. How do I find the other information you asked for
Expert:  Aric replied 15 days ago.

Can you tell me how long you've owned the Kindle for?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Sorry don't want to spend any more money to get this working.
Expert:  Aric replied 15 days ago.

I'm not asking for any more money. You can reply back with the age of the Kindle on this page.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
2-3 years I have owned it