Rusty
Rusty, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years electronics experience. How may I help you today?
63817454

MY GRAYSTONE/ELBEX CALL BOX STARTS RINGING ON ITS OWN. THERE

Customer Question

MY GRAYSTONE/ELBEX CALL BOX STARTS RINGING ON ITS OWN. THERE ARE THREE STATIONS HOOKED UP TO IT BUT NONE RINGS. THE RINGING SOUNDS MUFFLED AND AS THO IT'S IN THE SYTEM SOMEWHERE. IF YOU HIT THE OUTSIDE CALL BUTTON IT NEVER GOES OFF. IF YOU HIT THE "LISTEN" BUTTON ON ONE OF THE STATIONS YOU GET A LOUD STEADY RING AS THO SOMEONE IS JUST HOLDING THE CALL BUTTON DOWN. SYSTEM WORKED FINE FOR YEARS. I SEE NOTHING CHANGED OR OUT OF ORDER AFTER NUMEROUS VISUAL INSPECTIONS.
THANK YOU,
BERNIE
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Rusty replied 19 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Expert:  Rusty replied 19 days ago.

Sometimes we don't have an expert for certain devices. In that case, you will get a full refund. Do you still need help with this? I'll continue searching if you haven't already found the answer.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I'M A LITTLE CONFUSED. YOU MEAN YOU DON'T HAVE AN ANSWER BUT YOU WILL CONTINUE LOOKING AT NO CHARGE? I WAS HOPING IT WOULD BE THE TRANSFORMER SINCE THAT'S AN EASY CHANGE OUT JOB. A CAPACITOR SOME WHERE IN THE OUTSIDE BOX IS ALSO POSSIBLE, I THINK, BUT IF THIS IS THE CASE IT MIGHT BE EASIER TO REPLACE THE WHOLE BOX. PROBLEM THERE IS I CAN'T FIND A DUPLICATE ANYWHERE. WHEN THAT INTERNAL RINGING IS GOING & YOU PULL THE POWER AND THEN POWER UP AGAIN THE SYSTEM IS SILENT BUT AGAIN AFTER SOME TIME THAT INTERNAL RINGING STARTS UP AGAIN AND THE ONLY WAY TO GET RID OF IT IS TO PULL THE POWER AGAIN. DOES ANY OF THIS HELP?
THANKS, BERNIE
Expert:  Rusty replied 19 days ago.

It's not always that easy. You will get a full refund if we cannot help you, so please don't worry about the charge. It is refundable. We just don't always have an expert for certain problems, that would be the job of a specialist. I'll put the question back in the queue in case another expert has another idea.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
OK.