Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Managing Director at Pollinate Group LLC
59725966

Have your 6 pc. cordless phone. One phone does not work even

Customer Question

Have your 6 pc. cordless phone. One phone does not work even with a fresh set of Ni-mh batteries it it worth sending for repair or just buy a new one? The model # is KX-TGA101S
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: At least 3 yrs old, only thing the 5 other phones + the answering machine base still works good.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: As I said I purchased a new set of rechargeable batteries, but the phone will not even turn on.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That is about it.
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 20 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 20 days ago.

Batteries are always the first step, but if that doesn't work do try it on one of the other bases/chargers, as those can fail. You can also clean the metal contacts/pins on the bottom in case they are dirty or corroded preventing contact and charging.

If still no change, they aren't feasible to repair, but you can buy another handset to replace it on your existing system: http://amzn.to/2fKhFJ1

They are prohibitively expensive new (it would be better to buy a whole new system) but you can get a used one in the $30 range. If you prefer to replace the entire system I can recommend some options for that as well, just let me know.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Expert:  Nathan replied 13 days ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.