Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Witch way do I turn the combination on my sentry gun safe

Customer Question

witch way do I turn the combination on my sentry gun safe
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I have the manual here, and it says that for your sort of Gun Safe made by Sentry, if it has a dial lock, you do as follows:

- Start with dial on Zero (0).

- Turn the dial left (counter-clockwise).

From there, instructions must depend upon whether you have a dial that is the 3-number type, or the UL Group 2 type of dial combination lock.

If the 3-number normal type, you

- Start with dial on Zero (0).

- Turn the dial left (counter-clockwise).... two turns and stop on the number the third time it comes around.

- Then turn the dial to the right (clockwise)... passing the second number of the combination once, then stopping on that number the second time.

- Then turn the dial to the left... stopping on the third number at once.

For UL Group 2 type dial locks:

- Start with dial on Zero (0).

- Turn the dial left (counter-clockwise)... pass the first number of your combination three times, then stop on the first number of your combination, the fourth time.

- Then, turn the dial right (clockwise) ... pass the second number of your combination two times, then stop on the second number of your combination the third time it comes around.

- Then, turn the dial left (counter-clockwise)... pass the third number of your combination once, then stop on that number the second time it comes around.

- Then turn the dial RIGHT until it stops dead....and will not move.

- Then you can open this variety of combination lock. Turn the safe handle upward and to the left, and open the door.

To close the safe properly, spin the dial several times or four times at least (not fast though! which may damage the lock) after closing and latching the door closed.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.