Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have audio on my tv but not video, panasonic model

Customer Question

i have audio on my tv but not video
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: panasonic model 222tc-p50560. it was purchased dec. 2013
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: yesterday pm. iv'e tried everything i know.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Aric replied 21 days ago.

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. This could be caused by your Cable Box simply needing to be rebooted. Have you tried that yet? If not, then shut the TV off then pull the power cord from the cable box to the wall for 10 seconds and plug it back in. Wait 2 minutes then turn the TV on and let me know if anything at all displays on the screen.

If not, then please grab the original Panasonic remote and press MENU. We need to know if the set's own MENU will display. Let me know what happens.

Expert:  Aric replied 21 days ago.

Please view my reply and try those steps to proceed.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
i tried that yesterday
Expert:  Aric replied 21 days ago.

I asked if the set's own MENU's will display- we kind of need to know that,

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
the menu shows
Expert:  Aric replied 21 days ago.

Okay if the TV's own MENU shows, then it means you have a faulty cable box. The TV's MENU supersedes the external connected signals, so it is a good sign that the TV is working fine if the MENU shows. Do you have any other devices connected to the TV (example: DVD, Home Theater etc.)?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
no
Expert:  Aric replied 21 days ago.

Okay. Then if the cable box has already been rebooted, and it still only produces sound- no video on the set, and the set's own MENU DOES display, then you need to contact your cable provider and have them swap the box for you. I would also recommend swapping out the cabling between the box and the TV (HDMI, component, etc.). The issue is caused by a bad cable box and not the TV itself. When a Panasonic TV has a fault, it will actually shut down with a blinking red light.

Expert:  Aric replied 21 days ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen (scroll up the page to get to the STARS). That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
ok thx
Expert:  Aric replied 21 days ago.

You're welcome. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?

Expert:  Aric replied 21 days ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
thank you for your assistance yesterday. The problem was resolved by DirecTV.
Expert:  Aric replied 20 days ago.

You're welcome. Could you please click a POSITIVE RATING for my service so that I am credited?