Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Just bought a new dmr-xw440gl remote control for my dvd

Customer Question

just bought a new dmr-xw440gl remote control for my dvd recorder.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Most buttons are fine, but the 4 controls in the TV rectangle do not work Thanks for any help
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: just bought a new control for $69 as a few of the old buttons were worn out. Don't know what to do
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Hello, The Television buttons need to be programmed to whatever TV you're using. I'm not sure what TV you have, but in the manual for the Panasonic below (it's a different model but the remote is EXACTLY the same), follow the instructions on the top left of page 17 to get the code for, and program the remote to your TV:

ftp.panasonic.com/dvdrecorder/om/dmr-es25_mul_om.pdf

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen (scroll up the page to get to the STARS). That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this please?

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help? The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating by scrolling to the top of the page)? Thanks in advance.