Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

The picture on my tv is too large, This just happened

Customer Question

The picture on my tv is too large, This just happened yesterday. how can this be fixed?
JA: What's the make and model of your tv? Have you had any issues with the picture before?
Customer: Panasonic #P42S60
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Since yesterday.I phoned Cogeco. He thought it was a zoom problem but they cant fix that.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Aric replied 23 days ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.
The picture size is generated by your Cable/SAT box when using HDMI - so the TV itself is not the problem and the settings muct be accessed on the cable box.
First, reboot the Cable/SAT box by disconnecting it from power for 10 seconds and plugging it back in. Upon rebooting, if the screen aspect is still incorrect, then look for the following buttons on the Cable/SAT remote:

Aspect
Zoom
HD Zoom
Ratio
(#) symbol under the 9 key

Expert:  Aric replied 23 days ago.

If you're unable to solve the problem following those steps above, then on the ORIGINAL Panasonic remote, locate the button near the top of the remote labeled "Format" and try selecting the various format options to see if any of them fix the issue.

Expert:  Aric replied 23 days ago.

Find any buttons with those labels and use them to attempt to correct the picture size. If you are unable to find those buttons, or they don't help, then the settings are hidden deeper in the Cable Box and I will need the BRAND and MODEL of the cable box.
If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 23 days ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Im completely lost. I cant find any zoom things
Expert:  Aric replied 23 days ago.

I asked you to reply back with the Brand and model of the cable box since I can't see your box.

I also don't know if you've rebooted the box yet?

Have you locate the original Panasonic remote and used the Format button?

Please elaborate with details.

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
I have to go for supper. Will try again some other time
Expert:  Aric replied 23 days ago.

Okay sounds good. Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?