Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices
32989067

In attempting to copy recorded TV program to disc,

Customer Question

In attempting to copy recorded TV program to disc, everything looks fine until I attempt to finalize. I follow usual procedure by pressing "Open Disc", then record but at the end of finalize I get FinER and nothing has copied.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Panosonic DVR recorder----DMR-EZ47V----9 years old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: About a month----have only off and on tried to copy because result is the same Don't really know what troubleshooting to try.. I am able to play previously recorded discs without a problem.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 19 days ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the recorder (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the unit, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Did as suggested and still not able to view what it says was recorded and what says was finalized I get a screen that says
01
IN2 11/15/2016 and the time of recording----the screen is outlined in yellow.as though that is what I'm supposed to play-----when I press play the recorder starts ticking off the seconds but I have a black screen. When I re-insert disc and get the same previously described screen only advancing to the bottom where it says---Previous---Play---Next and I outline Play this time and proceed to play the same thing happens----I get a black or blank screen. I await your next recommendation but won't be able to respond until late PM today.
Expert:  Richard replied 19 days ago.

thanks

On the unit itself, hold the channel up and down buttons for 6 seconds then release to reset the unit.

Once done, set it up and tell me how it then functions please

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
There are no channel buttons on the recorder!
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
There are no channel up and down buttons on the recorder! There are a channel up and down switch on the remote.
Expert:  Richard replied 18 days ago.

there is, it is under the flap on the front of it, you need to open the flap

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Did as you said-----got confused on what to do after depressing channel button----was I supposed to run through the basic setup again? Tried this but as you can see I'm not very "techy" so didn't really know what I was trying to do----ended up with CH 3 flashing. I don't think this is going to work and would like a refund.