crash2199
crash2199, Technician
Experience:  10+ years
50836188

I have a kindle 5.7.2.1 (2882840002) Serial # G090 G1-5 5258

Customer Question

I have a kindle 5.7.2.1(###) ###-#### Serial # G090 G1-5 5258 ORAX and I cannot get it to connect to WIFI. It used to work but has stopped working. I bought a new book using an old Kindle with WIFI connection titled "Blood Moon Rising" but it has not downloaded on to my current Kindle probably because of the lack of WIFI connectivity.
I also bought a new kindle for my wife in Sept 2016 Order #(###) ###-####8209054 and this has either been lost or stolen last week when we were on holidays. Can you track the location of this Kindle or advise if it is still in use?
Derek Ryan Melbourne Australia - +61 408 635 107
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  crash2199 replied 2 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

I am going to try to address all of your concerns but if I miss one of them, please let me know.

In regards ***** ***** stolen Kindle, it cannot be tracked via GPS location but you can deregister it and report it as stolen. To deregister it:

Click here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/mas/your-account/myapps

Sign into your account if prompted

Click on YOUR DEVICES

Select the Kindle and click on Deregister Device -- That will stop anyone from buying books with your information, etc.

After that is complete, you will want to report it as stolen through Amazon by calling here: 1800 064 122

You mentioned that two separate Kindles did not work with Wi-Fi. Do you receive a specific error message when trying to connect?

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.