John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

I have a complicated problem, to me anyway.. I turned off my

Customer Question

I have a complicated problem, to me anyway.. I turned off my touchpad, and now my mouse wonT work, the touch pad won't work, and I can't seem to use the keyboard . Can you help? (I'm using an old Lenovo computer right now )
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: just give me a moment to find ot... where do I look?
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It just happened about an hour ago and I've been trying to figure it out but don't have the full use of the keyboard to navigate to fix it. Mind you I'm not very experienced
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I've tried turning it off but it didn't solve anything
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Remote Tech Support. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 22 days ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I have dealt with this problem with Lenovo computers before.

Try holding down Fn key on your keyboard.

Then while holding it down, press the F9 key - but only ONCE.

Then let go of both keys.

Then wait a half a minute! this may be important.

Then try the trackpad again, and the mouse. (If you disable one, you may disable the other.)

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
The problem is that it is not the Lenova with the problem. I a using my old computer because of the problem with the Acer. If I can navigate the keyboard without the pad or mouse perhaps I can fix it or at least get on the internet to connect with you

(I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.)

Alt keys can work. Alt-Tab switches between windows/programs.

Alt-F4 closes exits the currently open and selected window/program.

That plus the arrow keys and the space bar (to highlight/select something ?) and the Enter key (to 'double-click' something/icon/program) will probably see you through a lot, with some patience.

But: what is the old computer, an Acer?

Try Fn-F9, once. See if it helps. It's good on more than one maker's PCs.

Let me know how it goes, etc.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Well, I am in the control panel and was able to bring up both the keyboard and the mouse but could not click on anything relevant to make the necessary changes
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
I am in Mouse Properties now. I cannot click on the options to change anything. I can also open the keyboard, but can't go to the Hardware to change anything either,