John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

P7000 requires settings reset each time battery is removed.

Customer Question

P7000 requires settings reset each time battery is removed. This is a Nikon battery. Camera purchased used from ebay
JA: What's the exact make and model of the camera? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Nikon P7000. Recent purchase, don't know how old.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Started today, first time I needed to recharge battery. No troubleshooting tried
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Don't want to have to reset time/date and several other menu settings each time battery is removed.
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 21 days ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That most likely means that a small internal battery is in need of replacing. The time-date battery or real-time clock battery, to be specific.

Would you like to try to replace it yourself? if so, let me know and I will give you all details.

If you would rather hire out the replacement of that small, internal, battery then please let me know, and I will refer you to someone in your locality or a good mail-order servicing house of good repute, that can do the work for you.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Give me directions
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

(I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.)

I am preparing the instructions in a written format to send to you shortly.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Ok

Information is hard to find, that is specific to your camera model.

Some models of Nikon camera require the camera be serviced! in a case like this one (since the 'battery' for the clock is really a capacitor or similar component soldered onto the main board of the camera, and very hard to replace.)

Others, not so hard to do.

But I have found no information specific to your camera, so with that, I must Opt Out and leave the problem to other, more well-informed Experts to solve. Regrets, and my apologies for not doing better.