crash2199
crash2199, Technician
Experience:  10+ years
50836188

I HOPE SO I bought a cordless panasonic phone yesterday. It

Customer Question

I HOPE SO I bought a cordless panasonic phone yesterday. It has talking Caller ID - I don't want it to announce that - I TRIED to turn if off but it continues to verbalize the CID
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: I bought it YESTERDAY, but the boooklet that came with it was published in June of 2015
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: This has been going on for two days, The model Number isKX-TGE432. I have lookin g in ht5 e book one minute please
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no I have tried to go to menu - then #162 AND menu #*1612 to turn off the sound, but it did not do that
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  crash2199 replied 24 days ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Expert:  crash2199 replied 24 days ago.

Press Menu then #162

Scroll to Talking CID and select OFF then Save

Select if you want to turn it off on the Base or Handset then press Off when finished.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 4 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Expert:  crash2199 replied 24 days ago.

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue