John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

I currently own a second hand Onyko AV receiver HT-R560 and

Customer Question

I currently own a second hand Onyko AV receiver HT-R560 and I am trying to put the HDMI signal through the receiver without any resolution. I have had video signals go through the HDMI ports without issue before, but since I unplugged everything and hooked it back up, I have no video after assignine the HDMI ports to the proper function. I have been going through an online owners manual with a fine tooth comb with no luck in fixing the problem. Just throwing this out there in case I missed a setup step.
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 26 days ago.

Hi Matt and welcome to the site, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, have you considered / tried a REST ?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
I am not familiar with the term, what is that?
Expert:  Louie replied 26 days ago.

Sorry typo, a RESET.

A reset is both a test and a try of a fix. As it implies, a reset would force the unit to revert back to factory defaults removing glitches and config errors but would include memories, presets and user preferences. After a reset, the initial setup would have to be performed.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
I have reseted the receiver, the issue is still persisting
Expert:  Louie replied 26 days ago.

That a reset was not corrective would point to an internal hardware concern.

Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter and even a soldering iron?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
I am not considering a do it yourself approach! I would not consider myself to be that handy with electronics!
Expert:  Louie replied 26 days ago.

I understand Matt.

I was reviewing the repair / Service Manual as well as my old repair notes. This particular model has known issues with voltage regulation and/or the digital HDMI circuits.

At this point, 3rd party repairs (or replacement) if not a DIY would be the only options.

Please post back how you would want to approach this and/or should additional information be needed.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
I am looking into a third party repair, will have to call tomorrow during business hours though. Thank you for your help, if you come up with anything else, please feel free to contact me again.
Expert:  Louie replied 25 days ago.

Yes; will continue the review of the Service Manual.