Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Does the model a330 have the ability to time stamp the

Customer Question

Does the model a330 have the ability to time stamp the pictures.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: DSLR-A330/A380 and it is about 8 yrs 0ld
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It hasn't been an issue until just lately. I have set the date and time but don't get any stamp on the picture.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO.
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 24 days ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That is a Sony digital camera. I am looking up the specifications, and if they indicate it, any instructions for enabling time-stamping of pictures it takes. Expect another posting with results within about 10 or 20 minutes. Thanks.

The A330 camera does have that capability.

It is in the PictBridge menu, under the 'Date Imprint' option... which has three varieties, either

Day and Time

or

Date

or

Off.

If you have trouble finding the PictBridge entry in the menu... it's only for adding the stamp to a print from this camera when directly attached to a printer.

So you cannot imprint a date-time stamp on the pictures on this camera, *apparently*. There is a vague hint that it should be do-able, but it is not mentioned in the manual for the camera.

(Do you have any indication that it is possible? if so, a hint as to where you saw such an indication and what it was, might help me find that option - *if* it exists.)

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.