John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

I am unable to close my safe. Sentry A3810. I reinserted the

Customer Question

I am unable to close my safe. Sentry A3810. I reinserted the combination and got a green light but the door is jammed.Please help.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Sentry A3810. About 17 years old.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: This is the first time it has happened. Not aware of any troubleshooting. the safe is now resting with the door facing up. Could that be the problem?
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I believe I have the correct combination, because I was able to get things out of it. I'm at a loss.i
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 23 days ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Are the latches (or, round 'bars' on the door) extended, still?

If so, try using the hand-latch or handle, to persuade them to the 'open' i.e. 'in' position, just after entering the code correctly and the instant you get a green light (and, if you listen carefully, there ought to be a 'click' inside the door, also.)

Put the safe back in the normal position, of course, with the door facing front. Far be it from me to disparage the design of Sentry Safes, but they are probably meant to be oriented that way, for the inner mechanism of the latching inside the door, to work properly.

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
I spoke to a live technician at Sentry when you didn't respond. He had me change the batteries and I righted the safe, the safe latches (round disks) are still jammed. I may be better off dealing with Sentry directly. thanks.

Well, if you need no further advice from me, that's OK.

If Sentry cannot help you, consider coming back to this case, which can be done (for awhile) at

http://www.justanswer.com/electronics/a0j89-unable-close-safe-sentry-a3810-reinserted.html

Thank you for asking your question here at JustAnswer.com.