Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Managing Director at Pollinate Group LLC
59725966

We had a Pioneer laserdisc player CLD-D604 and were told the

Customer Question

We had a Pioneer laserdisc player CLD-D604 and were told the player cannot be fixed. Is there a model that is comparable (same features) as this one?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Pioneer is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I believe it said it was manufactured in 1999; the only information I have on the model is CLD-D604 laserdisc player used for karaoke. It played Japanese laserdiscs.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Well it was working and then when we tried to retrieve the disc the machine wouldn't open. Then, a message error code E3 displayed on the front panel.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No...is there a fee for this service? If so, I I'd like to know the cost before connecting
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 24 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 24 days ago.

Unfortunately laserdisc technology has been considered obsolete since this model came out, it was one of the last ever made.

There are no parts available for them and no one has made players since.

Really your only option in this case would be to purchase another unit of the same/comparable model, which would be used at this point.

Here is one option for a similar model that does karaoke: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pioneer-CLD-V840-Laser-Karaoke-Home-Audio-CD-CDV-LD-Laser-Disc-Player-PARTS/152288832628?_trksid=p2141725.c100338.m3726&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20150313114020%26meid%3D0af092dea92343739599a537e27bb5bc%26pid%3D100338%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D19%26sd%3D201703901867

My apologies for the news.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Expert:  Nathan replied 17 days ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.