John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

The cable to my h headphones does not work I have some Able

Customer Question

The cable to my h headphones does not work I have some Able Planet Linx audio noise cancelling
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: I think there may be a short in them
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I tried moving the wires and it comes in and out I think they're about 4 years old
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 30 days ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 30 days ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Headphone wires do give out from repetitive strain, esp. when the cord is yanked on hard, put under that sort of strain, or is bent repeatedly at a point or points on the cord.

(So, bundling up the cord in a tightly bound loop, repeatedly, will shorten the lifetime of the cord to the headphones, for instance.)

It is likely that the wires inside the cord have become somewhat broken, but bits sometimes fit together at certain positions. Unless the cord is visibly either bulging abnormally at any point, or is visibly broken, then otherwise the insulation is less likely to give way than the delicate multi-stranded wires inside the headphone cord.

Basically the headphones are unfortunately both 'broken', in all likelihood - as far as the cord is concerned - and also, at 4 years old, long out of warranty.

Is there any other advice I can offer you? about this problem.