Viet - Tech
Viet - Tech, Electronics Tech
Experience:  Troubleshoot consumer electronics devices.
30037186

I'm trying to connect to Wi-fi via my Kindle Fire. It had

Customer Question

I'm trying to connect to Wi-fi via my Kindle Fire. It had been connected--and my other Kindle is connected--but, now, all of a sudden I can't connect. I have followed the directions--giving my password, etc.--but the "Connect" button (or whatever it is called) doesn't respond. What am I doing wrong?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Viet - Tech replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Can you please try this first: Press and hold the Power on / off button on the problematic Kindle Fire for about 30 seconds, then turn it back on and check.

- Then go to Wi-Fi option again and connect. Does it still ask you to enter password? What happens when you tap on Connect now?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

If needed, disconnect the power cord(s) from your internet modem / router device(s) for about 3 minutes, then re-connect, then wait a few minutes

- Then go to Wi-Fi option on the kindle, then tap on your network name, then tap on the option Forget if shown, then tap on your network name again, and enter password ***** connect and check.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,