Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I got a control 4 systerm and several components in 2011

Customer Question

I got a control 4 systerm and several components in 2011 with geek squad from best buy. geek squad tech was here today. the control 4 is not functioning and he said he can't help with it.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: I have to look at it.HDP 1800. I have lotsa paperwork and receipts
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Time warner cable is okay. blueray player is okay except not working reliably (my second ) and I can replace it. No one knows anything about control 4 so far. geek squad guy here today and suggested using another remote system or buying new and or reprogramming etc but not his thing
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: guess not. except this is very frustrating and all my comonenets and some lights and my older bose closed system are connected with it (wanted to keep my bose system for the great speakers and thats how i got talked into the control 4 in the first place.
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 28 days ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 28 days ago.

There is very little the user can do when the Control4 system does not work, except turn everything off and restart it again.

If that doesn't work then the system has a glitch that only a Control4 installer can diagnose and repair.

You can get in touch with Control4 on 1-844-35-SMART to have a local Control4 tech get in touch with you.

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority;
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------