Rusty
Rusty, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years electronics experience. How may I help you today?
63817454

I have a project that needs an instant on. I am using a car

Customer Question

I have a project that needs an instant on. I am using a car stereo with a flash drive that has the sound I want. But when I shut down without a battery back up the memory goes away and I have to set it to USB and set the volume. I need something that will come on, use the info on the flash drive, and start working without having to reset things.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It's new, a "Dual" car stereo from Walmart.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It has 2 power wires one to the ignition and one to the battery, the battery is to keep memory. If I try to run both to the ignition it looses memory and I have to reset.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: This is for a project that needs to be able to shut down and come on without loosing memory. I don't need any info source but the flash drive and enough power to run a speaker like a car stereo 20watts or so.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Rusty replied 30 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Expert:  Rusty replied 30 days ago.

Check the fuse in the wire that goes to the battery. There isn't continuity, so that's why you're losing memory. Be thorough, it is definitely fused somewhere.