Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

My fujifilm camera says to turn the camera off remove lens

Customer Question

hi my fujifilm camera says to turn the camera off remove lens cap or obstruction and turn the camera on. would you be able to help?
JA: What's the exact make and model of the camera? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: the camera is a fujifilm 26X
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: it has been going on for about 4 months, i have tried removing obstruction and that did not work i have tried to use different setting and that did not work.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not at the moment if i have any more questions i will contact you again thanks!
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That sounds as if the camera needs to be reset. Try this first:

Remove the batteries, and leave the camera on a (dry, non-humid, non-dusty) shelf for overnight. Then put the batteries back in and try the camera again.

You might also try cleaning the terminals in the battery compartment, after removing the batteries, first by rubbing off with a fresh pencil eraser, then by wiping the terminals off with cotton swabs moistened in rubbing alcohol, then letting them dry off for 5+ minutes with the battery compartment door open, then try turning the camera On again.

How long has the battery or batteries in the camera been in-use? If over a year, then you might possibly have a battery/batteries that are getting weak. Rechargeable batteries do get weaker with time, and eventually fail to deliver enough power to start up a device like a digital camera; they then need replacing. The replacement battery needs to be charged up for 6+ hours before its first use, owing to its having been on a shelf for a considerable time.

How old is the camera? in months or years since you bought it.

Has the camera been dropped or otherwise subjected to mechanical shock(s) in its lifetime?

Has the camera been operated in or subjected to, temperatures below 32 degrees F (freezing point) or above about 100 degrees F ?

Has it ever been subjected to a humidity higher than 85 % or gotten wet ?

Has the camera been operated in a gritty or sandy environment, such as a beach, a seaside, a construction site, or the like?