Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a 2014 Thor Cheatau Motor home with a AVD1400 Pioneer

Customer Question

I have a 2014 Thor Cheatau Motor home with a AVD1400 Pioneer radio system and I need to remove the radio to attach a sirous radio attachment
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Pioneer is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: AVH-P1400DVD
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I need to remove the radio from the unit to attach the device
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is there a special tool that I need to remove the radio
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. Yes there is a specific "Pioneer Radio Removal Tool" needed to pull the chassis out of the radio sleeve. I am pulling up a link to this part now for you.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

These tools, or "Keys" as they'll generally called, are available at the link below for $6 for the pair needed to remove the radio:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pioneer-Car-CD-Radio-Removal-Release-Keys-Stereo-Extraction-Tools-Pins-Pair-New-/151801560322?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

There may be a plastic bezel around the face of the radio (depends on the installation method used) that you will need to "pop off" in order to access the key slots which are on the sides, about halfway down on the radio.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.