John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

We just bought this house and the safe door is open and I

Customer Question

We just bought this house and the safe door is open and I don't know how to close the door. How do I reset the pass code for my safe?
JA: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: I don't know the code, the sellers did not leave it for us. This is the model I think AN-793023
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Since bought the house a year ago. We are just now needing to use the safe. I have tried putting in a code but nothing happens. Can you walk me through setting up a new code?
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, please connect me
Submitted: 30 days ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 29 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 29 days ago.

Can you check it over for any other model numbers or markings? Do you see a brand name on it like Sentry, Honeywell, Cannon, etc?

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Sentry AN-793023 UL Rating Class 350 1NR No. AN-793023
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
I paid $5 to find out how to set my code, if you can't help me without charging me more, I need to know
Expert:  Nathan replied 29 days ago.

I can help you, but it is never just 5, that was the deposit to post your question, the total is more like 24, which is the amount that would have been displayed and agreed to on the payment page. The phone call offers you see are automated and optional, you may ignore those, and then there wouldn't be other charges beyond the 24.

Expert:  Nathan replied 29 days ago.

But, that is still not a valid model, do you see anything else? It is usually marked on the area around the keypad/combo dial, or on a metal plate near the hinge, or inside by the battery cover

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
No thanks, ***** ***** charge my credit card!
Expert:  Nathan replied 29 days ago.

You have already paid the full amount to the site, per the agreed upon terms.

Expert:  Nathan replied 29 days ago.

If you wish to continue, under the fees you have already paid, please let me know the complete model number of the safe.

If you want to cancel you may do that from the help page.