Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Managing Director at Pollinate Group LLC
59725966

I have a Panasonic Surround sound system with 5 CD disc

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic Surround sound system with 5 CD disc changer. There is a CD stuck in the system, the drawer will not open. The message "INIT PLEASE WAIT" comes up then "CLOSE". Nothing else happens. All other systems (surround sound, radio, DVD player) are nonfunctional. Is there a way to get the stuck CD out without damaging the system further?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Model # SA-HT720 serial # DA4CD018322
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I've turned it on and off, unplugged the system to try to reboot it. This didn't work.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't know what else to ask.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Unfortunately this is most often a hardware failure (bad motor, worn gear, loose belt, etc in the ejection mechanism, faulty switch or sensor, or just an obstruction by a disc that is out of place)

There are a few things you can try:

First unplug power for at least an hour, then press and hold the power/on button while plugging back in, and keep holding for another 60 seconds. If it still doesn't open, repeat the process but with the eject button instead of power.

If it still does not open, pick the unit up and shake/tilt the player side to side gently, hopefully dislodging the stuck disc inside that could be preventing it from opening, then try to open again.

If none of these help, then there is an internal hardware defect, which will need to be repaired.

If it gets to that point, I can advise you on service options.

Let me know the results, and I'll advise further, if needed.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.