Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Managing Director at Pollinate Group LLC
59725966

CORDLESS PANASONIC HANDSET HAS FAILED WHERE CAN I TAKE IT TO

Customer Question

CORDLESS PANASONIC HANDSET HAS FAILED WHERE CAN I TAKE IT TO GET IT REPAIRED. I LIVE IN BALWYN NORTH
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: THE MAKE IS PANASONIC MODEL KX-TG1840AL
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: FAILED TODAY HAVE REPLACED BATTERIES TO NO EFFECT DONT KNOW HOW TO TROUBLESHOOT
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: THE AGE I WOULD SAY ABOUT 8 YEARS
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

This is actually a hardware failure. We most often see this type of damage as the result of a power surge, either through the phone or power lines. This is a 2006 model system which is at many times its designed service life at this point.

The one thing you may attempt yourself is to fully reset the system:
1) unplug both power and phone lines from the main base.
2) remove batteries from all handsets
3) wait at least 15 minutes, then restore all
4) place a handset on the main base for a minute, as if to charge
5) check for functionality.

If the problem persists after this, it confirms a hardware failure which would require repairs to correct. Unfortunately once the 1 year warranty is up, repairs are not practical, and parts are not available, so repairs are not even possible at this point. The most economical option in this case is to replace the entire system. Here is a replacement model I'd recommend: http://www.panasonic.com/au/consumer/household/cordless-phones/phone-with-answering-machine/kx-tgd323alw.html

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.