Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Managing Director at Pollinate Group LLC
59725966

Phone displays ringer off. I cannot call out and no one can

Customer Question

phone displays ringer off. I cannot call out and no one can call me. You just get a busy signal
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: Not sure Model #KX-TG9341
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: 2 days I've tried every thing it suggests in book & on phone menu
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.

Can you tell me a bit more about the problem please:

1) If you have multiple handsets (within the same system), does this happen with all of them?
2) Are there other phones or even a fax, outside of this system but on the same line? If so are they working properly?
3) Is this a landline from the local phone/cable company, or a VOIP service (vonage/magicjack/etc)?
4) Do you have dsl service on the same line?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
1) yes with all of them.
2) No
3) Local phone co.
4) No
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for the information,

Can you please test one more thing for me: Unplug the phone line to the panasonic base station, then call your home number form an outside line or cell phone. Do you still get a busy signal there?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I still get a busy signal when the base station phone line is unplugged.
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for checking.

This is not a panasonic issue then, your line is at fault, there is an issue with the switching equipment on the phone companies end, so you will need to call the phone company and ask them to send a tech out to repair the issue that lies in their equipment.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.