crash2199
crash2199, Technician
Experience:  10+ years
50836188

Can I get a usb driver for my trv50E movie camera and

Customer Question

Hi, can I get a usb driver for my trv50E movie camera and windows 10
JA: What's the exact make and model of the camera? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Camera is a sony TRV50E,purched 2002
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Camera appears to be working OK, all I want to do is connect to windows 10
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not at the moment
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  crash2199 replied 1 month ago.

Hi!

The TRV50E does not have Windows 10 drivers at the moment. I say "at the moment" because they could update the drivers in the future or decide to not make drivers for Windows 10. It is really up to Sony and there is no way to know if they will make the driver for it.

The only thing you can try to do is to download the Windows 7 driver and see if the program will run in a compatibility mode. Here is the information for the Windows 7 information: https://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/support-info.pl?template=&info_id=544&mdl=DCRTRV50

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Expert:  crash2199 replied 1 month ago.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Expert:  crash2199 replied 1 month ago.

I still have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.