Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Managing Director at Pollinate Group LLC
59725966

Lost combo for safe that belongs to mother in law who paused

Customer Question

Lost combo for safe that belongs to mother in law who paused away on Oct 26.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Sentry SO207 #AP 990960 the safe is at least 15 yrs old.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: She passed away on Oct 26.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Unfortunately this is not something you can simply get a code for online, for obvious security reasons, otherwise anyone could break into your home or steal your safe and then just retrieve the code to open it, rendering the safe useless.

What you'll need to do is fill out a form, have it notarized (to prove ownership) then send it in (along with a check) to Sentry. They'll mail you back the original keys if applicable and/or the override code. If ownership has passed to you at this point, you can claim ownership of it for purposes of notarization.

You can get the form here: http://www.sentrysafe.com/Content/pdfs/NotaryForm.pdf

There are instructions on it for sending the info in by mail, or you can pay the fee online and fax/email the form after it is notarized.

I'm sorry there is not a quicker resolution possible, this process is in place to ensure security, so that not just anyone could get a code or key to your safe.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,