Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices
32989067

I have two problems with my model DMR-ES40V recorder: 1.

Customer Question

I have two problems with my model DMR-ES40V recorder:
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: 1. During all the years I've used it, whenever I turned it on, it always came on to the last formate it had been on (i.e., VHS or DVD). Now however, it always comes on to DVD requiring me to switch to VHS if that's the formate I want to use.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: 2. Following a recent power outage, I attempted to reset the clock manually because it w ould not reset automatically. When I came to the minute setting, it showed that it was "PM" when, in fact, it was "AM". The opposite occured when I attempted later. It didn't seem as though I had any control over AM/PM
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Any help?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the recorder (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the unit, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Richard, I unpluged for 10 min. When I turned it on , the formate responded well. However, I still have the AM/PM problem, but it is well past noon here, so I'll contact you later.klI'm back after unoluging the unit for a second time (approx 1 hour). I'm now able to set the correct time of day, but now the formate problem has returned! Not a hardship to live with that. Thanks, ***** *****
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

ok, it looks like an issue with some of the memory.

If you are able to use it now it will be ok, else you will need to look at returning it

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you