John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

I have a laptop that has been turned off for a couple of

Customer Question

I have a laptop that has been turned off for a couple of months and now it wont start. There r no lights at all. I have tried to troubleshoot by taking out battery etc but no response at all. Stil no lights. Pls help as I have to file Bas tax statement today. Thanks Justine. Model is N61J.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.

Hi Justine! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. I'm sorry that you are having this problem. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. Please remove the battery, remove the power cord, and press and hold the power button for a FULL 30 seconds. This should should discharge any remaining residual power and "reset" the laptop. After doing that, plug in power cord but don't reinsert the battery. Next, press and release the power button to turn it on. Please give that a try and let me know the results.