GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience supporting electronics of all kinds
76665483

My Kindle is acting funny. It is slow, and it shuts down in

Customer Question

Hi, My Kindle is acting funny. It is slow, and it shuts down in the middle of a page. It asks me to reload the novel in archives, but I don't know how to do that. Can you assist?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It is a KIndle but the screen is frozen. I don't know what year I bought it, but it is several years old. I have a lot stored on it.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Since yesterday. I don't know how to troubleshoot. Don't know the problem.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that's it.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).
If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

If the issue goes beyond that, then this would indicate a hardware/processor fault in the Kindle which would require repairs, and a Kindle repair service can be located using the link below:

http://www.missionrepair.com

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I think so. How do I send current titles into the archive file?
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Not sure which Kindle you have, and there are a dozen different models, but this is general info from Amazon here on that:

Press the home button at the bottom of your Kindle. Use the up and down directional buttons to highlight the book that you want to archive. Click on the "Remove From Device" button to clear the selected book from your Kindle's active memory.

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Please don't post new questions, just reply back here and when satisfied with my efforts please RATE my service POSITIVELY.

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Please STOP posting new questions, I'm engaging you right here on this page- which is where we should be continuing - not on new posts.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I want to cancel my free seven day trial. I'm not in need of this service
Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.

Hi there. My name is***** your questions regarding your Kindle all been answered or do you require additional help? If you have additional questions please let me know and I will do my best to help.

As an independent contractor I don't have access to billing information but you can contact Customer Service via email at***@******.*** or you can view options for contacting them by chat or phone at ww2.justanswer.com/help.