Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I'm owner of a Casio .O.S.S. SF-4600. Replaced batteries

Customer Question

I'm owner of a Casio B.O.S.S. SF-4600. Replaced batteries when it stopped working, but it never restarted. Just retried with new batteries, but nothing works. Any ideas?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Your Casio digital diary or organizer may have suffered a spontaneous failure, unfortunately.

Or on the other hand: it may have one of several problems, including a temporary discommoding of its circuitry owing to electrostatic discharge, perhaps... in which case it may recover.

Measures you can take to try to make it recover from its current inoperative state include:

- Try removing the batteries, and leave the device on a (dry, non-humid, non-dusty) shelf for several days or a week. (This interval of rest may sometimes restore an electrostatically shocked inoperative electronic device. It so happened once with a good Seiko watch of mine, that had stopped running for no apparent reason...)

Then put the batteries back in and try the device again.

- Then try cleaning the terminals in the battery compartment, after removing the batteries, first by rubbing off with a fresh pencil eraser, then by wiping the terminals off with cotton swabs moistened in rubbing alcohol, then letting them dry off for 5+ minutes with the battery compartment door open, then try turning the device On again.

- And, try not wearing anything woolen while handling or touching the device, if by very good fortune it begins working again. Wool accumulates static, which can damage electronic devices.

- Also, repair-servicing might be possible if all else fails. Let me know, and I will advise you further.