Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I've only had my 2nd Kindle for a few months (I can't find

Customer Question

I've only had my 2nd Kindle for a few months (I can't find the date it arrived, but it's still newish), and it has already stopped charging. The cable connection is wobbly, even though I was super careful to pinch the top of the Kindle beside the charging port, and pull/insert the charging plug straight in.
Surely there is a way to fix this so I don't have to buy 3-4 new Kindles a year.
I don't have the original packaging, and it's certainly been more than a month that I've had it.
Advice?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I took both Kindles to a cell phone repair shop, but since a new Kindle is only $49, it's not worth their time to fix it. I've read everything on the Internet about this breaking-charge-port problem (widespread, and Amazon is not fixing the problem, just manufacturing more and more units with the same inherent problem), plus looked at the Youtube videos on how to fix it myself.
Now that I've provided my payment information to you, it claims I've contacted Just Answer before (nope), and won't accept a new password. So you've got my credit card info, and I can't get further along on your website.
I used to be an investigative reporter, and had a newspaper column on consumer fraud. This transaction seems suspicious.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Sorry for any delay in getting back to you, Sandy.

Since the Kindle is only a few months old, it is under warranty so you can return it to Amazon for a free replacement:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/kindle-help.html/?nodeId=200127470