Viet - Tech
Viet - Tech, Electronics Tech
Experience:  Troubleshoot consumer electronics devices.
30037186

I just purchase a used Sony DSC H-300 Cyber Shot camera. It

Customer Question

I just purchase a used Sony DSC H-300 Cyber Shot camera. It did not come with a USB cable. I am trying to find out what kind of a USB cable it takes. I purchased a micro UDB cable, but the connection to the camera is still big and will not fit. Any suggestions?
JA: What's the exact make and model of the camera? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: DSC-H300, 20.1 Mega Pixels 35X Optical Zoom, 25mm Wide Angle Screen. The serial number is(###) ###-#### The camera itself works fine, but I have to have a way to download pictures.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I just received the camera yesterday. I bought the micro USB cable last night and it doesn't fit in the slot. That's all I've done.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, that's all.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Viet - Tech replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please purchase the correct USB cable for your camera at the website below:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-PC-Data-Sync-Cable-Cord-Lead-For-Sony-Camera-Cybershot-DSC-H200-B-DSC-H300-B-/140964919539

- More choices:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Cables-Adapters/155707/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=Sony+DSC-H300+usb

- By the way, what's the model of your computer? Is there a memory card slot on your computer? And/or do you have an external USB memory card reader?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,