John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

For the past 34-1/2 weeks or more, I have unable to send

Customer Question

For the past 34-1/2 weeks or more, I have unable to send emails; initially, the dropdown would state that the (recipient) addresses were invalid; actually the dropdown would appear instantaneously upon my removing my finger from the mouse and 'send'...wow, how could the system determine that that fast?! In an attempt to resolve this problem, I made a visit to the local Comcast/Xfinity store, but came away with nothing more than their suggestion that I contact "the Geek Squad." The most recent development is that the dropdown now states that MY ADDRESS is invalid....as though I am not a customer or am using a makeup address to send my messages. Over to you.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Apple, iMac, Serial #CO2K9C79DNCR
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: This is the third recurrance of this problem this year; on the first occasion I called this number, had a live chat with one of your techies which didn't resolve the problem and I visited the local store who set up an appointment for a techie to come to the house (which solved the problem until the second time); the second time I somehow blundered through on my own....doing basically what the technician had done earlier, and have been functioning until about three weeks ago (around the first of this month) and nothing I have done has worked.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Pearle, I only wish I knew the right answers to furnish the expert!!!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 month ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

I must ask a question or two before we begin. Thank you in advance for taking the time to answer.

Who is your e-mail provider? Please, do not enter your full email address. If you do that, it will be blocked. For that reason, please tell me what comes after the @ sign.

Which program do you use to access your email (Outlook, Mac Mail, Entourage, Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc)?

Thank you,
Jason

P.S. If you do not know the answers to any of my questions or are confused about something, please let me know by replying on this page.