Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

We need to know what USB is compatible with mixtrax. Bought

Customer Question

Hi we need to know what USB is compatible with mixtrax. Bought a new AVH-x5800bhs but mixtrax not showing on app just on settings. Plugged 3 different usb thumb drives with formatted mixtrax music but it won't recognise any usb.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: AVH-X5800bhs brand new
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It was just installed by the geek squad. Online videos say that it won't recognise lots of thumb drives and to keep trying so I just want to know what thumb drive to buy to put my mixtrax playlist on
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Only how to play music directly from a USB thumb drive without phone or ipod.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

Mixtrax is compatible with any USB thumb drive, as long as it is formatted correctly (FAT16 or FAT32) - it cannot detect NTFS formatted USB devices.

It can also only detect certain file formats - see http://mixtraxnet.com/support/manual/en/section14_3_en.html

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority;
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------