Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Managing Director at Pollinate Group LLC

How do I obtain the combination to our Sentry Safe 1250. We

Customer Question

How do I obtain the combination to our Sentry Safe 1250. We purchased it in the 1980's under the name of Kenneth Dear/Menus Unlimited at what was then called Price Club we believe. I do not think there is anything in it but I would like to be able to utilize it to store our important paperwork. Can you help me?
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 8 days ago.

Hello Michele,

Unfortunately this is not something you can simply get a code for online, for obvious security reasons, otherwise anyone could break into your home or steal your safe and then just retrieve the code to open it, rendering the safe useless.

What you'll need to do is fill out a form, have it notarized (to prove ownership) then send it in (along with a check) to Sentry. They'll mail you back the original keys if applicable and/or the override code.

You can get the form here:

There are instructions on it for sending the info in by mail, or you can pay the fee online and fax/email the form after it is notarized.

I'm sorry there is not a quicker resolution possible, this process is in place to ensure security, so that not just anyone could get a code or key to your safe.

Best regards,

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Expert:  Nathan replied 5 days ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open. Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know to conclude our session.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.