Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Managing Director at Pollinate Group LLC
59725966

I tried to get onto Printers, not you. I have a Deskjet 3632

Customer Question

I tried to get onto Printers, not you. I have a Deskjet 3632 and bought on sale 2 tricolor cartridges. Should I have bought one black and one colored?? Thanks.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Deskjet is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It is about 3 years old. Model No. is FS547A. I have numbers###-##-####too.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I got the cartridges less than a week ago. Have not installed them yet as I do not need to. Just wonder are they the correct ones; how can I install two of these, rather than one black and one colored. It is not trouble shooting; it is can I use this particular ink cartridge in both slots, the black and the colored????
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

That is not possible, your printer requires a black cartridge and a color cartridge. You cannot use 2 of the same.

you can insert the color one when the printer calls for it, and save the 2nd one for the next time a replacement is needed, or return it and get the black instead. But it requires both.

I can give you a link to order the right cartridges if you can give me the model of your printer.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,