Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Engineer / Consultant

I recently moved and the movers failed to bring along the

Customer Question

I recently moved and the movers failed to bring along the outside transmitter. how do I order a new one?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: it is a sharp weather station , approximately 8 years old.the model isspc775.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: the problem is I no longer have the outside transmitter and need to order a new one, but do not know where to send the order.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, but thanks
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 14 days ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Can you identify your outdoor transmitter model # please?

It is rather hard to find as replacement items go, and a model # for it would help considerably in the search I have already done to some extent (and found nothing so far.)

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Forget the whole damn thing. I have already provided this information and now it seems as though I,m getting the run around.
I'll find another to get the answer to my simple question. Sorry to disturb you.

(Sorry to have disappointed you.)

Since you would obviously prefer that someone else help you, I have Opted Out, opening the case to other Experts in this case.

Expert:  Greg A. replied 12 days ago.

Different expert here.

In case you were not aware, Sharp no longer makes or markets (sells) weather stations of this type, so finding replacement parts - such as the remote transmitter - can be VERY difficult.

But if you really like this particular system, you can still find similar systems for sale online, at places like Amazon and eBay. I have a link to a listing on Amazon below for a similar system (SPC595 I believe), and that transmitter MAY work with your system.

Click here for listing -->

Also, if you scroll DOWN on that listing you may see OTHER more modern weather systems - from other manufacturers - that have similar features and at a lower cost.

NOTE: The makers of these systems that have been around for a LONG TIME are companies like LaCrosse Technology & Ambient Weather.

I hope this helps. Please let me know what you find or if you have any more questions.

Take Care, Greg A.