Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices

I recently moved and lost my safe combination. How can I get

Customer Question

I recently moved and lost my safe combination. How can I get into my safe and/or change the combination. I have the booklet and the brochure, but I don't see anything that tells me how to get into the safe if I forgot/lost the combination. My name is***** bought the safe from Home Depot just over2 years ago. Can you help and what kind of identification do you need to show that I am the owner?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: As I mentioned, I bought the safe a little over 2 years ago and the numbers on the back of the Sentry Safe are SFW123GTC and A35144581 there are also 2 sets of numbers under that on a label they are: 2027 and 96937. Does that help to identify the safe:
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: We, my son and I, put items in the safe shortly after we bought it and we haven't opened the safe since.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That about covers it.
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 11 days ago.

Hi there and welcome

The only way to retrieve the original, factory-set and correct combination for your safe is from the manufacturer, Sentry, and you can do that by following the directions at the webpage below. You will need to provide them with your model number and serial number, in addition to some other information.

As you can see, you will also need to fill out a notary form to confirm safe ownership and prove your identity. Just click on 'Download Notary Form' from the link above, or for your convenience, you can also easily access it here:

Once you submit your information to Sentry, it should take about a week to receive your combination from them. You can request expedited service, if available.

If you need to contact Sentry's Customer Care Center for any further questions or information, you can do so with the information here:

For your convenience, here are Sentry's Customer Service phone and Fax numbers:

Customer Service: 1-***-***-****
Fax:(###) ###-####/p>

Their hours are typically 9AM - 6PM Monday through Friday, Eastern time, but are subject to change.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you