John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

I bought a panasonic sound bar a couple of weeks ago. All

Customer Question

Hi there, I bought a panasonic sound bar a couple of weeks ago. All was working fine till I connected up to bluetooth to play music from my phone. Unfortunately when I disconnected blue tooth, there is no longer any sound coming from subwoofer
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?
Customer: panasoni viera
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: a week. have tried disconnecting everithing and resetting
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: soundbar main unit is working but subwoofer not giving out much sound when first connected
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Viera is a tv series. Could you give me the model of the soundbar, please?
Also is the main bar working just not the sub?

Is the sub not working at all, or just low sound levels from it?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Panasonic Home Theater Audio System Model no: SC-HTB485. So we rung a tv guy who came in and checked wiring, reset tv and system and puzzled why its not working. There is sound coming from subwoofer BUT no enough juice like when we first connected it all up. Soundbar is working, subwoofer is BUT not like when it was first hooked up. When I disconnected bluetooth, subwoofer hasnt been the same. To hear at least something from sub, you have to be on the floor lying next to it
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for confirming, that indicates that the panasonic firmware may be corrupted.

As a next step, can you reconnect the bluetooth again, play a few songs, disconnect once more, and see if anything changes? This time though, instead of fully disconnecting by turning BT off on the phone, instead just change the input mode on the soundbar back to satellite/aux/etc.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, simply reply back on this page.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.