Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.

I have a hp envy 700 windows 8. somehow the os dropped out.

Customer Question

i have a hp envy 700 windows 8 . somehow the os dropped out. i received them recovery media from hp 5 discs, but i cannot get it to load???????????????????? i had the hard drive down loaded, but when insert the media it won,t boot up. it does not bring up the menu it is supposed to. thank you, *****
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 9 days ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 9 days ago.

Ed, you will need to set the computer to boot from the optical drive, then put in the first recovery disc to get to the recovery menu.

Your satisfaction is my priority;
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 8 days ago.

Hi Ed, did you try setting the computer to boot from the optical drive?