Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I have a hp envy 700 windows 8. somehow the os dropped out.

Customer Question

i have a hp envy 700 windows 8 . somehow the os dropped out. i received them recovery media from hp 5 discs, but i cannot get it to load???????????????????? i had the hard drive down loaded, but when insert the media it won,t boot up. it does not bring up the menu it is supposed to. thank you, *****
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Ed, you will need to set the computer to boot from the optical drive, then put in the first recovery disc to get to the recovery menu.

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority;
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi Ed, did you try setting the computer to boot from the optical drive?