John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!

I have a Canon SC710 HD camera. We have just returned from a

Customer Question

I have a Canon SC710 HD camera. We have just returned from a trip to Hawaii, celebrating our 50th anniversary. I want to find out the cleanest way to COPY the pictures from our trip to a flash drive, without the possibility of losing any.
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 12 days ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

You can do so by plugging the camera into the computer and simply copying the files over. Do you wish for me to remote into your system and do this for you so we can be sure that they are all copied?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.

Thank you,

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Really? The camera did not come with a cord to connect it to the computer. Any that I have do not fit. Do I need to try to do this through blue tooth?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I also have something called piconizer that is support to be able to be used to store up to 8,000 pictures. It does fit into A/V OUT Digital connection, but I am not sure if that it what it is intended for.

Is it SX710 HD or SX710 HS?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Sorry, you are correct it is SX710 HS

Thank you for the update. Do you have a card reader on your computer or a usb card reader that you can use to connect the card from the camera to your computer?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I do not

May I ask how you have copied them in the past? Did you do it via your wifi network?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Sure...In the past I have copied them from the camera to my iphone, and it copied them into the icloud. I really didn't want to do that with about 1000 pictures before I have gone through them to delete those that need to be deleted. I wanted to copy them all to a flash drive and use the computer to view them on the larger screen. Perhaps this is not the best plan?

There are two options:
1) Purchase a usb to memory card adapter and use that to copy them to the computer.
2) Connect the camera to your wireless network, connect to the camera from a computer on your network, and then copy them that way.

Please, give me a few minutes to type up the instructions for the 2nd option.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you. Will the camera be able to keep 2 access points? Or will I need to reload the iphone as an access point after I complete this process? THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP

I don't understand your question. You will need to connect the camera to the same wireless network as your computer is connected.

First off, you will need to download and install the following application on your computer:

After you connect the camera to the correct network and have installed the application that I linked above, you can open the Canon CameraWindow application, choose to add a device, and add yours. From that point, you will be able to transfer the photos. Do you want to do that and update me once you are finished?