Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

I have a KINDLE PAPERWHITE It has never worked as good as my

Customer Question

I have a KINDLE PAPERWHITE It has never worked as good as my old one with the buttons on the side, now it has stopped letting me finish reading my book. I cannot order a new book as it won't get off the home page. It has been charges ( I have never let it run down) Do you all still make any with the buttons on the side and can I get this one fixed or trade it for another one. I read all the time and really miss it but it is driving me crazy--can't read or get anything on it. Bebe Bralley
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Aric replied 17 days ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).
If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

Expert:  Aric replied 17 days ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 17 days ago.

I'm not sure if you're having problems replying, but do you need further assistance with this?