Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices

I just bought a sony smart watch 3 and I activated it with

Customer Question

I just bought a sony smart watch 3 and I activated it with my android phone but all I can get on it is "settings". All I really want from this watch is the time of day. can you help me
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 15 days ago.

Hi there and welcome

There is a set procedure that needs to be followed in order to ensure that the watch works correctly.

I will list out the procedure below, can you ensure you follow this carefully please and let me know the results.

1. Make sure that your Android™ phone or tablet is connected to a Wi-Fi® network and that it maintains a Wi-Fi® connection throughout the setup procedure.
  2. Turn on your SmartWatch 3.
  3. Phone or tablet: Search for the Android Wear application on Google Play™, then download and install the application.
  4. Phone or tablet: Once Android Wear is installed, open the Android Wear application, then follow the on-screen instructions.
  5. Phone or tablet: If Bluetooth® is not turned on, tap Turn on Bluetooth when prompted.
  6. Phone or tablet: From the list of available devices, select the SmartWatch 3. A pairing code now appears on both the SmartWatch 3 and your phone or tablet.
  7. Confirm on your phone or tablet that the same code is displayed on both devices. The SmartWatch 3 now checks for updates, installs any required software and restarts automatically, if necessary.
  8. Phone or tablet: Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.
  9. After setup, the SmartWatch 3 prompts you to turn on some features, such as Google Now and Location services, to add more functionality and improve the user experience. If desired, follow the relevant instructions.

Please let me know how you go