Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices

Collar was on dog and it showed that it was not

Customer Question

Collar was on dog and it showed that it was not moving.Ithought the dog had lost the collar.when he came in he had it on.After removing it from the dog list and adding it back I pressed the tone button and it came on .The next day I could not get the collar to tone at sll.What could be the problem?
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 15 days ago.

Hi there and welcome

It sounds like the battery has faulted. Do you see any sign of life at all on the collar?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Everything seems to be working.The light comes on the collar
Expert:  Richard replied 15 days ago.

Can you please do a reset of the collar please and tell me if it then gets the tone.

1. Ensure the device is powered off
  2. Connect charging clip to collar
  3. Connect USB cable to collar
  4. Connect USB cable to power source (computer, AC wall adapter, vehicle charger)
  5. Ensure collar light is active to confirm connection
  6. Firmly press the Power button 4 times (each button press should produce a quiet tone from the collar)
  7. Wait for light to turn green then red

Tell me if it then functions correctly please.

Thank you

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I did as you said ,did not see green light come on only the red light.toned the collar ,did not get a tone
Expert:  Richard replied 14 days ago.

It is the internal mainboard that has faulted, this now confirms it

A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to reinstall it.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return it to be replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you