Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have an Altec Lansing Mini Lifejacket, and every time I

Customer Question

I have an Altec Lansing Mini Lifejacket, and every time I turn it on, the welcome message is EXTREMELY loud (Even though the volume is turned down). Is there any way that I can change something that it's not so loud? I mean, I can hear it from 3 rooms away! It's crazy... Thank you!
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

This problem has been noted by many.

One suggestion is, to lower the volume control just before turning the speakers Off. That might help make the volume, on power-On and on Pairing, less loud.

Another suggestion is simply my idea: *if* the speakers have a headphone jack, plug headphones into them on power-On for at least 8 seconds, until the loud messages go away. This idea is based on the fact that plugging in headphones or earphones usually disables speakers.

Other ideas have been aired, but they all rely on doing considerable electronic modifications of the speakers.